An excellent week!! Biggest news is that Ariel got baptized! It was really neat, but quite stressful for me. Here's why. The baptism was scheduled to begin at 5. We got there at 5 and were the only people there. That was kinda stressful. Ariel got there at 5:20 and there was still nobody there. That was also pretty stressful. The nice part was that the ward came through and at 5:30 pretty much everyone showed up and it turned out really nice. He even invited his mom and brother, who aren't members and we're going to find out if they want to start receiving the missionaries in their neighborhood. The confirmation also went really neat and Ariel said he felt really good during the confirmation. He doesn't have a burning testimony like his wife. He was at the point of not getting baptized this week because he felt like he hadn't received a huge shouting YES from the Holy Ghost. He then decided to do it because he felt like it was the right thing to do and because he wanted to change his life. He's going to be good, but he'll need to have some good strengthening from the ward to stay strong. The good thing is that now he's getting into a good habit of scripture study so with time he'll get stronger and stronger. Pray for him.
This week was actually pretty weird having a mini missionary. I felt really alone, even though there was somebody by my side constantly, because it was basically like going on divisions with the members for a whole week. It sure is a blessing to have an experienced companion to be with to make decisions together. After this experience I'm starting to dread the time when I get released and don't have a companion at all. Guess I gotta get married quick... ;)
We also had a pretty miraculous day in church. We planned super hard to get a ton of people to come to church. We stopped by a ton of people and all of them fodged us. We got to church, and the members we had assigned to help us hadn't had any success either. However, the Lord was extremely merciful with us and we had 3 people show up without us doing any work. 2 were old investigators that we hadn't been visiting, and one was the friend of a recent convert who he had invited to get to know the church. How about that! God is still a God of miracles!!
Well, that's about it for this week. Cool story, last Monday night while I was with him Elder Gomez got his mission call! He's going to Brazil in a month and a half! On Tuesday I'll be traveling down to Salta to pick up my new companion and Elder Gomez goes home to get ready for his mission. The best part is that I get to train! Me new comp is a Mexican. :) I'll tell you all about him when I meet him.
I love you all! The church is true!!
-Elder Spencer
No comments:
Post a Comment